Thursday, February 5, 2009

Delivery Phase : Funds delivered to 4 off the 8 families today

The original blog post has become too long with updates; hence decided to post a separate blog with the latest updates. As promised, Abhay started delivering the funds to the constables' families today. Below is the mail from Abhay ....



  1. I have got a few mails stating that I did somethign good or extraordinary. Please desist. If at all anything worthwhile is done, it is by everyone.
  2. Today was one of the most touching days of my life. I went around and managed to meet four families and deliver your contribution. I did not see a single tear the whole day. For those of you who know Mumbai, I visited Nagpada, Dharavi, Antop Hill and Prateeksha Nagar. I met the families, talked to them, sat in their house, none of which was bigger than my bathroom, and walked thru a maze of filth and narrow (1.5 feet lanes) to get there). Why am I telling you this? Self glorification? No, to help you understand how the custodianss of our lives live. 10 to a room, and they dont complain.
  3. I have got almost all the addresses. I have 4 more deliveries to make, 1 in Mumbai and 3 outside. I will keep you posted. My world changed today.

Regards
Abhay


No comments:

Post a Comment